Part 1: Pathophysiology, Rationale for Treatment, and Family Dynamics
- What went wrong?
- Let's look at that one more time...
- The most important thing: Having type 1 shouldn't stop you...
- A few things you can't do.
- You and your family are responsible for your care.
- You will heal as well as anyone else.
- Initial Symptoms
- How insulin works.
- What we need to do to manage type 1.
- How much insulin do I need?
- Basal vs. Bolus
- Blood glucose goals across the lifespan: Infants, toddlers, children, adults, pregnancy.
- Coping and dealing with emotions and family dynamics.
- Family Dynamics: A little bit more...
- The best predictor of good diabetes control is...